Saturday, 5 October 2013

Pattern 01: Claudia Skirt - Fabric

I went fabric shopping today, because I bought my first pattern and was super excited to finally start on it. Right now the two fabrics are in the washing machine and I hope that I've done everything right with them. I'm so clueless when it comes to fabrics, there are so many different ones and I don't know yet how they will behave and if I picked the right one for the project.

The first pattern I'm going to try my hands on is the Claudia Skirt by Angela Osborn.

I couldn't find a yellow/orange fabric as pictured in the illustration (which would've been great), so I went with a safe dark blue one, and a striped one for the lining.

As I'm an absolute beginner, there are a lot of new things I have to learn to make the skirt:
1.pleats! (So pretty!)
2.gathering fabric
3. invisible zipper
4. adding the waistband (which looks super confusing) and the lining of course

All of these are probably totally easy for most of you but I never done it, so I don't know how it will go. I could skip the lining, but I want to try it too and it think it looks really neat and finished with one. Oh my...I will totally mess it up, I'm so sure of it!

Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment