Monday, 28 October 2013

Pattern 02: Wiksten Tank



As mentioned I didn't have much time the last week, because I'm working on another illustration project right now. This month was probably not the best idea to start a sewing blog, I suppose.

The next pattern I want to try is the Wiksten Tank!

I chose it because it's a top and I have far too less pretty ones and it seems like a fairly easy pattern as it is very loose-fitting.
Things I will learn in the process:
1)french seams
2)finish the neckline and armholes
3)and I might have to adjust the back neckline (this seems to be a common problem with this pattern)

I went to ikea last week to get some inexpensive fabrics for muslins, so you might see some ugly fabrics, when I show you the muslins that I've done. The actual fabric that I have in mind for this tank looks like the one in the illustration, but I have to order it first. The fabric shop in my town doesn't have any pretty printed ones, which means I have to visit Berlin or the internet for that.

Anyway I'm very excited to sew this tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment