I'm back! I didn't have much motivation to sew anything the last months, so there was nothing to blog about.
But I bought this beauty last week and I want to make a dress for a wedding with it, which takes place in October. The muslin is already done, so I should have no problem finishing it before the party.
But of course I need to show you the Roxanne Blouse.
To be honest, I don't like the style on me. Maybe I have to get used to it, but somehow dresses and tops who are very loose around the waist, don't look very nice on my figure. The blouse was fairly easy to sew, the only problem I run into was the amount of bulk at the neckline. Both fabrics were super thin, but it was problematic nevertheless, even though I understitched and pressed the collar like a maniac. Therefore the neckline is a bit crooked unfortunately. With all the troube I had with the neckline, the rest was a breeze to sew. I used french seams for the side seams and shoulders and the hem is probably one of the best I ever did. It definitely paid off that I waited so long to do it.
Sorry for the short post, it's so long ago, that I've sewn the Roxanne blouse, so I don't remember so much anymore. I will try to show more about the dress in a few weeks!